Monday, July 23, 2012

My Entryway Buffet...

  Hey friends!  Last night at nearly 11:00 - I had a notion to paint something... 
 Won't you come in and see?
 That's my new/old blue buffett that was screaming for some love...
 See, last night it still looked like this - white - and even though I love white - this just wasn't doing it for me.  It was white when I bought it years ago, I painted it black then back to white and now it is "Flood Tide" blue.
 When I was in Lowe's - I spotted this lil' sample jar - just two dollars and change.  I already had my glaze and wax, a cheap brush and of course my sander - I just LOOOOOVE my "mouse" sander.
 After a lot of dry brushing with that inexpensive chipwood brush, I glazed it, waxed it and put the original hardware back on and now it is perfect - at least for now anyway.
 I bought this piece of art - which was my first "real" art piece purchase a year ago at our local "Art in the Alley".  It is a watercolor and the peacefulness of the fence row and grass just kinda spoke to me I guess.
 Months later - I found this 5X7 rug at Lowe's in the clearance section for 24.00 - it was another jumping off point I suppose.
 Glass vase from Home Goods - a trio of frawns from my "Macho" fern.
 Lamp with burlap shade - Kirklands and that quirky ball - a score from the Peddlers Mall.
 So here is the view from the den... 
Looking out from the office...
And here coming down the steps.   Next - when I live with this new house a little more - I'm seeing stripes, or a stenciled wall or maybe even some wallpaper behind my buffet - but for now...
I'm happy ;-)



12 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so Nice! I wish I could paint but the idea gives me shivers..lol..I did not know that Kirklands sells Country accents too.

NanaDiana said...

Cathy- It looks so nice! You have pulled it together beautifully and even if you don't ever do another thing to it-it is perfect as is! Blessings- xo Diana

Stacey said...

Cathy, I love the color on the buffet. The whole area is so welcoming and peaceful - a great combination of items. Love that big bottle!

Melinda said...

I thought you were going to tell us that at 11:00 pm you were painting.

Looks great! Love those little jars of paint.

M :)

Country Gal said...

I love it ! Great job ! Have a good day !

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Everything looks wonderful.

Our French Inspired Home said...

Great color choice. It really makes it stand out now.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Very pretty, Cathy! :) It's so cheery!

Tammy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

My goodness that is simply gorgeous!
You picked the perfect color, the perfect rug and the perfect decor on top!
Love it so much!!
Cindy

Sandie said...

Love it! Just yesterday I was at Lowes waiting on paint, and I sat staring at all those little bottles trying to think of what to do with them! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tardevil said...

Love the color! The buffet is staged nicely, too. Maybe grasscloth would look nice on that wall. Love the rug.

Nancy @ Wrapped In Love said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Nancy