Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Window Box is filled with....



well.... just about everything I could get my hands on. This is a window box at the shop - I filled the base with some artificial greenery to kind of hold everything in place - nestled in my leftover ornamental cabbage - added an old garden rake - tucked in some nandina berries, some ornamental grass plumes, - and oh yeh, I also placed a twiggy pocket in the front of it.



I just love the natural stuff - it's pretty and FREEEEEEE - YIPPEE!



Oh and don't you jus' love that black and white check ribbon. Got that from my sweet friends at Brenda's Flowers. I think I'll have to go back for more.

Oh I must confess, I'd been cheating a bit with my pictures - my header is actually from last year - but now that I'm getting things going I'll be sharing with you some pictures that are current.

And I'm really gonna miss you guys - but I have to be gone for a couple of days - we are getting ready for our 10th annual Christmas in the Country this Saturday. They say it may even snow a bit - now that would be soooo exciting - as long as everyone could still get here of course. But I love the snow - it is so peaceful.

So my friends - have a splendid end of the week and weekend. I'll post some pics next week. As always, thanks for stopping by and many blessings to you.

Cathy Cobblestone

19 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your window box is fabulous, makes me so ready for Christmas!!!!!
Best wishes on your event Saturday, sounds like a very fun time. LOL..yes just enough snow to get everyone in the spirit....Thanks for sharing all your decorations, your amazing.

basketsnprims said...

Love your window boxes, so pretty and so festive.

Blessings,
Pam

Tamara Jansen said...

this looks just wonderful :) You've got a real knack for floral design!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your window box is amazing! Very festive...it's getting me in the mood for Christmas.

Sue said...

The windowbox is beautiful. I have always thought snow is peaceful...it's so quiet when it's falling!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It looks so festive! Have a wonderful event this weekend!!

AUDREY {LIL' BOOGER BLOG} said...

WHAT! I'm gonna miss you Cathy! We are going to try to come over tomorrow before your Christmas Open House! I wanna try to get my stuff before it's all gone!

Susie Homemaker said...

You are so talented...your displays are always so bountiful...just gorgeous! Have fun...miss you!

Blessings,
Susie

Victoria Lynn said...

I just found your blog and I love your arrangements. Your shop sounds so cute! Best wishes on your Christmas event this weekend!
Blessings,
Victoria Lynn

Luckiest Girl.... said...

Very Cute, I wish I could grow something. I do not have a green thumb. It's hard for me to keep bamboo alive, LOL!!! Kidding!
I love Christmas, it is the most wonderful time of the year!!
Take Care and have fun this weekend!

Unknown said...

the window box is very cute. love the ribbon of course. mishelle

Raggedy Angel said...

I love that black gingham ribbon with the red....I wanta do something new this year...I think that is it! Beth

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Cathy, My header is from last year too...LOL I put the tassel you want on the inactive list..just let me know when you are ready for it. I have the receipt on the metal initial...I will send you the info tomorrow or Sat. Blessings to you! Nancy

simple~needs said...

i am loving the window box!! good grief! i wish you were closer! you make me want to have a window box!!

Ribbons -n- Rags said...

Cathy,

Will you please save me one more of the blue "Baby's First Christmas" flour dough ornaments? I thought of one more that I need yesterday. Have a great day Saturday!
Michelle
Ribbons-n-Rags

Birgit said...

Hi Cathy,
I just happened upon your blog and have spent so much time reading and looking at all your wonderful pictures.
You have such a gift for arranging and decorating. I love all your arrangements and love that they are natural!
I hope you don't mind, but I'll be adding you to my blog list as well so I can visit more often.
Blessings to you~
Birgit

Kelli@SassySouthernMom said...

I love your header. That window box is fabulous. All we have to do is look around our surroundings sometimes for inspiration. I used to hate those cabbage plants when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, I love them for fall . I wish that I had a Magnolia tree somewhere around my house. I think I'll plant one. LOL. In the meantime, I think while my neighbors are at work, I'll look around in their backyard to see if the have a Magnolia tree...

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Those window boxes are gorgeous! Love the ribbon too!
I hope your open house was a success:)
Rondell

Farmhouse Primitives said...

Cathy, You sure can't come visit you without getting into the Christmas mood for sure!! Gorgeous pictures!
Pammie