Monday, August 18, 2008

I hit the JACKPOT!



OH MY GOODNESS - well, I wish I could just tell ya how excited I got when I hit the jackpot on Saturday afternoon. My friend, Pat, from church called and said there was a man trying to clean out the shed behind the house next to her. She said she thought there might be some things in there I would like to plant flowers in and she thought I should come by and have a look. I told her I appreciated her thinking of me and would stop by Saturday after I closed the shop. So mid afternoon Sat. I took a lil' road trip not knowing where I was going but I found it with no problem. The gentleman was there waiting on me and so I stepped inside expecting to find some neat enamelware to plant up with mums and ornamental cabbage, and when I walked in I was like - WOW - red chairs, pink chairs, green tables, blue bed, pretty dishes - well, I jus' 'bout jumped out of my pants. My hubby says he has never seen anybody get as excited over "junk" as I do. Well, he just doesn't see the potential like we ladies do, right? So here are a few pictures of my finds. He reasonably priced me these things, so I'll be redoing some pieces for the shop and some are perfect jus' the way they are. I'll show you before and after pictures as I get them ready!



Love my aqua lawn chair, my quilt top and those lamps. I'll make some pretty shades, maybe red and white check for those gold lamps - so french country.



What about that beautiful shade of green on that sewing cabinet - still with the "SINGER" machine inside - this is one of my favorite finds.



A pretty blue bed that my sweet Papaw will make into a beautiful bench. Can't wait to see what that one turns out like!!! Might have to keep it!



What a pretty cane back chair - perfect condition! I'll probably just cover the seat in a sweet pattern.



Another picture of all my goodies - Enamelware, frames, dishes, wood to paint on, going to turn those yellow chairs into a bench, I gotta a drop leaf table to that is not in the picture along with many pretty platters and bowls. Oh, I must stop - my mind is in overload. I'll keep ya posted on my progress.

Everybody have a great start to your week!
Cathy Cobblestone

26 comments:

Bella Della said...

Oh my goodness! Wow! You did hit the jackpot! I am way jealous. Don't you just love those unexpected treasure finds.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

WOW - you did hit the jack pot! I can only imagine them fixed up and styled in your impeccable taste! I can't wait to see!

Raggedy Angel said...

I know how excited you are, cause I am excited just looking at your pictures! Beth

Raggedy Angel said...

Oh yea, Love your blog...I am adding you to my blogg roll! Beth

tincanlily said...

Wow! I love everything! You are going to be one busy lady!
denise

TidyMom said...

Well Ms Cathy! Aren't YOU the lucky one?!!! What AWESOME finds!! I can't wait to see what you do with it all!!

Ribbons -n- Rags said...

Cathy,

Your treasures are all sooooo "Cathy Cobblestone". I know you will transform them into gorgeous things. I love the lamps!! I had a lamp, similar to these, that I broke the mate to and so I removed all the wiring and hardware and I now use the base as a tall candle pillar. It is one of my favorite pieces. I love the sewing machine cabinet as well. Ada Mae has been looking for an additional machine to add to her workshop. She might be interested in it. See you later, Michelle--RibbonsnRags

Missy Wertz said...

You hit the mother load!!!

Jean said...

How fantastic! You really did get some treasures and I can't wait to see what you do with them. I am so lucky because my husband is one of the few that sees what we ladies see in a pile of junk. Sometimes he even has more vision than me. He is the one with the talent to redo any piece of furniture and end up withsomething great. So I do count my blessings that I have had him 46 years so far.
Have fun with all your "stuff"
Jean in Virginia

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cathy,

What a fun and unexpected day you had shopping in a friends, neighbors yard sale. I love the red chair. I can't wait to see what you create.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Cathy,

You sure did hit the jackpot! Wow! I am really loving that blue bed that you will use to make the bench! That will just be awesome! Oh, I can just imagine what they'll look like when you work your magic on them! Please show us!

Tammy

Chery said...

You lucky girl!! Wow!! You are going to have so much fun fixin these treasures up!! Chery

Nancy Rosalina said...

OMGSH, I thought, I did good this weekend, but your the winner Cathy!
I love those gold/yellow lamps...I can't wait to see those when you get them finished, well, I can't wait to see everything. I know it will look fab and I know you are so excited. Blessings to you, Nancy

Lisa Pogue said...

Wow, you did hit the jackpot. I can't wait to see the bench! Please keep us posted!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Cathy!

YES, I would say you hit Jack Pot and I bet you don't even gamble!!! Great finds my dear!

Have a wonderful week! Think of you OFTEN!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Nancy Jo said...

Cathy,
I just have no words, odd thing for me too. Just can't believe so many good things all in the same day.What a fun bunch of stuff. Look forward to the after pictures on the things you are going to makeover.
NANCY JO

Missy Wertz said...

I keep coming back to these photos and remember all the things we got rid of when we cleaned out my moms house when we 'downsized' her. Sigh. I did not have room and my DH would have killed me for bringing some of that stuff home. But still, with a little more imagination I could have used some of the things outdoors.... Not my Great great great ... grandparents original Jenny lynn bed though. I think my family members would have killed me...

thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Cathy, your finds are great, wish I could of been there. One mans trash anothers treasure. My husband says I'm the junk queen. Thanks for coming by for the giveaway.
Bonnie

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Cathy, yes you did hit the jackpot! Someone elses junk is someone elses treasures, and boy did you find it! What a great find!
Can't wait to see what you do with some of them!

JenW!~ said...

Wow what wonderful treasures. I can't wait to see what you do with all of them. This is my first visit here and I love your blog. I've added you to my blog roll.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

HI Cathy! Feel free to grab the award and post it. I just love coming over here to see what you have posted next. It really does make me smile!

pinetrees on the moor said...

You lucky lucky thing i am so so envious of you the bed the sewing machine chairs just everything.Can't wait to see the pictures of things fixed up.~Kate~

Ada Mae said...

Can't wait to see what you do with those chairs (and the rest of the stuff as well!!!!)

Kathy said...

Absolutely love it all! The cane chair, the aqua chair, and the sewing cabinet are really special finds. Loves it!
Kathy from Mimi's Garden

Cathy said...

I love it all! Love the bed frame to bench idea.

Cathy
Domestic Bliss

The Runyans said...

just found your blog and i love it. question. i just read this post and you said that your papaw will make it into a bench? have you got a picture of one that he has done before? oh how i would love to see. we have an old bed that i would like to do something like that with!!!!

stop by my blog and leave me a message if you do have a pic!! thank you