Thursday, December 2, 2010

Been Busy...

...decking the halls and walls with balls and balls and well, enough rhyming. No kidding - I've been decorating maybe more than usual 'cause our lil' house is on the Christmas Home Tour this weekend.
Not really for sure why they asked me - BUT - it is for a great cause - it is a fund raiser for our local Junior Miss program. So even though I'm sleeping like - NONE - I'm happy to be of some help! Anyway, I'll show ya more pics after Sunday.
Till then though - ya know those paper flowers everybody is making - myself included - try making some for your packages. They are so inexpensive but so very pretty. These are for my lime green and blue tree. But do ya want to know how behind I am - they don't even have anything in them - they are "dummy" gifts - ha - I haven't bought the first thing. One thing at a time Cathy... just breathe!


What lil' time I've had to look around - everybody's decorations are just BEAUTIMOUS (that's my word). One of my favorites for inspiration - Cindy over at Cottage Instincts - go and take a gander now - won't ya?
Happy Thursday Friends and Merry Christmas!
Cathy

11 comments:

cindy said...

OH aren't you sweet :) I am tapping my foot over here waiting to see your home all glorified for the tour!

Love your header too...just when I think I love all things white and neutral, I see pretty glittery pastels and go ga-ga.

I have a problem....

NanaDiana said...

Cathy-It is looking good. And I love the green boxes with the paper pom-poms! Love them! Diana

Becca's Dirt said...

Oh thats exciting to have your house on the tour. Can't wait to see all the stuff you're doing. Love what you've done already. Beautiful wreath.

Verde Farm said...

How beautiful. I love your color combinations. Can't wait to see more and good luck with the open house. I did that two years ago and I know how you feel!!
Amy :)

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

Oh I love it! You are one of those blogs that help inspire!

Unknown said...

How fun, looks good!

Melinda said...

Love holiday tours--it is so fun to see how other people decorate their homes at this time of year.

Have fun and get some rest!

Melinda

Anonymous said...

Loving what I see..I know you will pull it all together for the weekend..Breathe and everything will be great for the Holiday Tour of Homes Open House..Can't wait to see the photos after Sunday..

Kirkwood Photography Wednesday Fall 2011 said...

Cathy I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to each post. Your home looks beautiful decorated for Christmas I have never seen the paper flowers--perhaps you could do a post on how to make them. Blessings from Iowa!

Jean said...

Cathy, I can see you are still just as busy as ever. I know your lovely home will be a big hit with everyone, since you have that creative talent to make your home warm and welcoming. Have a wonderful evening.
Jean in Virginia

Tardevil said...

Great idea! Love the paper flowers/pom poms as bows.