Saturday, October 16, 2010

Split Peas and White Beans...

...No - not to eat - but to decorate with. See I can't show you much of a picture - 'cause I'm working on a wedding (in a barn) for this upcoming weekend and everything is still a work in progress. But my mom and I had this idea to use "beans" to fill some jars - and since the colors are all "earthy" and whites - well split peas and white northern beans just seemed like the perfect mix.
Bags and Bags and Bags of Beans...

...all layered up...

...some just in mason jars with sweet lil' "baby boo" pumpkins...

...just makes for a simple, pretty and unique accent.
I'll be a busy girl the next few days getting everything ready to go. And I'll be sure and show you pictures - promise. I've just gotta wait till it's over - ya know, so it can be a surprise!
Have a beautiful Sunday!
Cathy

14 comments:

Michelle said...

This is beautiful. Can't wait to see the wedding pics.

Amy Kinser said...

Wow! This looks incredible. I love the beans and how they look in those vases. Good luck with everything you are doing.

Sue said...

Cathy, this is such a great idea, very pretty. Have a great week getting ready for the wedding.
Sue

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

You are so talented and imaginative! These look beautiful. Was sorry to learn of the store closing but happy that your family is following their dream and all is well. Your home is so welcoming and special I'm sure it will sell right away to some very lucky folks. I admire so much how every inch is a pretty picture. We have a similar farm set-up with customers and kids and I recognize how much WORK goes into keeping it all a showplace! You make it seem so easy... Blessings to you all!
hugs,
Leslie

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cathy,
I look forward to seeing the photo's of the wedding you and your Mom are working on..I'm sure it will be lovely and festive. (I love weddings)
Have a sweet day and hugs~Elizabeth

Sheila said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. This is a great creative idea. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week.
Sheila

tincanlily said...

That is a great idea and I bet the wedding is going to be beautiful. I can tell you were so excited to have s visit from two blog friends! What a great surprise! Hope everything is going well with your next great adventure!
denise

Domestic Designer said...

Just love it...so creative!
DD

Anonymous said...

I REALLY love this idea!! Especially the one with the little pumpkin in the Mason jar. I think I may do that for my Thanksgiving dinner table! Thank you~

Beverly said...

Can't wait to see the wedding in a barn pictures. Love the peas and beans. They do look good togethr. Navy Bean Soup (we had for dinner tonight) and Split Pea Soup. Two of my favorites this time of year.
Your ideas are the best.

Kristi said...

Cant wait to see pics! Such a great idea. I would love to see some more saltdough ornaments too!

Angie said...

It is going to be gorgeous of course since your talented self is decorating!!!

Cathy said...

Great job Cathy!!! Beautiful!

Karena said...

Cathy, I am amazed!! This look is so elegant and yet simple... the willow branches make it!!

Come and see my latest find, I would love your thoughts!

Karena
Art by Karena