Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quick-fix

Oh my - I've had no time for projects lately - much less anything for myself - but I squeezed in a 30 minute, FREE pillow project. Just 'cause I needed to do a lil' something to lift my spirits - ya know what I mean?
Here we go...
Some free burlap -given to me by a friend who thought I'd do something with it - I love friends like that - don't you?

I quickly free handed a whimsical peacock feather on it - dried almost instantly. Be sure and put some cardboard behind it - paint will bleed through easily.

I added a few buttons out of my endless supply of button jars...

Stitched it up, stuffed it with stuffing from an old pillow that needed tossing and simply pulled on the ends of the threads to fray the edges.
Now, if there was jus' time to "Rest".

Everybody have a great Wednesday!
Cathy


19 comments:

Darlene said...

You always come up with the CUTEST things.

carla said...

I love the pillow!!! It is very pretty!!!! LOve the peacock feather!!!! hugs

Kirkwood Photography Wednesday Fall 2011 said...

Lovely pillow! It looks awsome sitting in the old lawn chair. I love reading your blog!

Melinda said...

Really great pillow. Looks great on the chair.
Good to see you again in blogland.

Melinda

cherry said...

I love ti! cherry

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Love it! Very cute idea!

Debbie said...

I love anything peacock and this is fantastic Cathy! You did a great job on it. I will have to put it on my list of to try to do. :)

*hugs*
Debbie

Donna said...

How creative you are! I love it. I also love that old green chair.

Donna

Cindy said...

That's gorgeous, you are very artistic! What kind of paint did you use? I love it.

Angie said...

So cute! Love the serene colors.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Cindy - I'm answering your question - hope you see this. You asked what kind of paint I used - it is simply acrylic craft paint. Now if I was going to launder it I would have used fabric paint but since you can't really wash burlap - 'cause it completely falls apart - I just used regular paint. Good luck!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

You are so talented. Thanks for the lift your pretty pillow provides to all of us! I have a few simple projects I need to do for myself and you gave me a fun nudge... I know too well how busy this time of year is on a farm and hope you find a moment to sit n relax n enjoy your efforts!
hugs,
Leslie

Unknown said...

Isn't that neat! Looks great on that chair.

Michelle said...

Nice pillow and I love the word, "rest", on it. It looks great in that chair!

Todd, Cass, Lash said...

Cathy, that's adorable. I thought you said you couldn't sew =)

I've been working on our blog & I'd love it if you would take a look.

www.spunkysparrowky.blogspot.com

See you later!

Patty's Stitches said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is to cute. And I want that precious chair!

Beverly said...

I love your burlap pillow. I am dying to do something in burlap. I wish I could freehand like that. You are so talented.
Wish we could have come by to see you, but the timing just wasn't right this time. We were close to you, but it was late Friday night. Next time....

Ruth said...

wow... these are so pretty. I love your blog. its so beautiful and very interesting what you do!
following you!!
Blessings,
Ruth

~Lesa~ said...

Sooooooooo creative!