Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Sneak Peek Into Next Week...

Well, I'm jus' givin' you a lil' look into what I will be doing over the weekend. Yes, it's salt dough time again. These are some pics from last year - but this year I'm gonna be adding some carrots and lil' yellow chicks (if I can get them to shape up right that is). And I also think I'll go a lil' non-traditional and maybe do some bright colored eggs - like red and bright yellow, turquoise blue and hot pink - what do you think?



A simple Easter tree...
-branches from a tree - spray painted a pretty color
-old coffee can painted to your liking
-some sand
and you are good to go.



And when I show you my simple "how-to" with the ornaments - I'll let you join in the fun because I'm gonna give a bag full away.

So be sure and hop back in on Monday! (hopefully - it's gonna be 70 this weekend - so it'll be hard for me to stay in and work!!)

Thank you all so much for all the kind comments this week - I've had lots of fun sharing with you! Now, be gettin' your Easter tree ready because somebody is gonna win a lil' basket full of goodies!

See Ya Monday!
Cathy

21 comments:

Kimberly said...

Cute, cute, cute!

momof3girls said...

stumbled upon your blog! Love it, you are so creative & crafty!

Linda said...

Cathy, Once again, sooo cute. I'll see ya soon maybe Friday to pick up my wreath.

Blessings,

Linda @ Kindlelight Blessings

Linda said...

Cathy, Once again, sooo cute. I'll see ya soon maybe Friday to pick up my wreath.

Blessings,

Linda @ Kindlelight Blessings

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Those are adorable, Cathy! I'll be sure and check back on Monday!

Tammy

Debbie said...

I love seeing your salt dough creations! You really do inspire me to get busy. :)

Take Care,
Debbie

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your salt dough ornaments are adorable. I can't wait to see the 2009 version.

tincanlily said...

I love them! Now I just have to make them! or maybe I could win them!
Have a wonderful weekend. I have to check and see what our weather is going to be for the weekend. 70's I can only hope.
denise

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It sure looks like spring at your place!! Enjoy the nice weather this weekend! hugs, Linda

Just a little something from Judy said...

I don't need to buy craft books anymore...I just visit your blog. Idea after idea, and all of them are sooooooooo cute!

Unknown said...

Cathy, Your new blog banner at the top is so pretty. So warm and springy. Can you believe it we turn the clocks forward tomorrow..Yeah!!! More light later, not so dark and its goin up to 75 here. Your salt dough creations are too cute. Love the 09 color choices. By the way exactly where are you in Ky in relation to Cincinnati? Have a bright and warm weekend!

Sherie said...

Cathy, again you have out done yourself. Your new topper for you blog is awesome. Your salt dough ornaments are so cute. Can't wait to see the new ones. We too are supposed to have good weather this weekend. Maybe just a little bit of spring will pick up all our spirits! Have a great weekend. Sherie

Natalie Meester said...

adorable!

Darlene said...

You make the CUTEST salt dough ornaments. I keep saying I have to make some and I really, really am going to try this time!! LOVE THEM! I'll definitely be back on Monday. Have a great weekend....we are going to be in the 80's woohoo!!!!!♥

TidyMom said...

ooh goody you know I love your salt dough projects Cathy!

~TidyMom

Something Nice and Pretty said...

They are so cute...you are so talented:)
Rondell

Nancy Yoakum said...

What a cute idea! I've only made salt dough ornaments for Christmas...who would have thunk!
Just saw the lilac bush bud...I'm so excted for Spring and your contest!

Barefoot Studios Ok, LLC said...

Love..Love...Love them!!!!

Luckiest Girl.... said...

Absolutely adorable as usual!!
I am excited to see the chicks!
You are so creative...thank you again for sharing with all of us you wonderful talents!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

cherry said...

Hey there! Those are absolutely adorable....you are so talented with the paint my friend. You said you had two of the bowls in the polka dots? How much are they? I will def. be back MOnday! Happpy Weekend! cherry

pammyjo said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. What a fun visit, you have the cutest creative ideas, had to add you to my favorites. Thanks! :)