Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh What a Happy Day!

Well, my friends, this is a lil' picture story of that wedding I worked on last weekend. Now, it was in the country, I mean REALLY in the country and Mike and Kathy wanted something that fit them and their new log cabin. Her instructions, no I should say requests, were - simple,rustic, and us. She was just a joy to work with and I hope I helped make her special day one she will always remember. She wanted strictly autumn colors and nature's bounty so here we go...



I took our last load of mums, straw, and fodder down the country road over an hour away from my home..



...one of two pick-up truck loads of pumpkins...



...where they said "I do"...



...the entry to the tent...



...the beautiful pond right beside where the ceremony took place..



...on one table...



...then another - full of gourds, cabbage, bittersweet, mums, and baby Indian corn...



...where they lovingly stood nestled at the edge of the woods...



...their beautiful log cabin - still in the works - stone work on bottom yet to be finished - all of the work is being done by them - isn't it beautiful?...



...another table...



...and yes, another table - it's easy to decorate when Mother Nature gives us so many beautiful things to work with...

...here is another view from the hill...



...this is a pocket wreath filled with Purple Melissa mums and lil' bit of greenery placed by the entry door to their home...



...the flower girl's basket - tied with dried yarrow and nandina(Nandino?)berries, ribbon and raffia - she dropped leaves down the grassy isle...



...simple boutonnieres made from cut mums and nandina berries tied off with raffia..



...the bridal bouquet made simply from nandina greenery and berries, cut orange mums, lime green zinnias and a few zebra grass plumes...



I actually decorated the day before the wedding so I didn't get to see the lovely bride - but I'm sure she was beautiful and the day was gorgeous - 65 and sunny. So Kathy and Mike - best wishes and many blessings to you. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!!

Have a great weekend friends - now I've got to change gears and get my shop decorated for Christmas - Oh My - where does the time go????

Cathy Cobblestone

17 comments:

basketsnprims said...

You did a beautiful job for this wedding. I love it all. Pam

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

The pictures are amazing! I especially love the pumpkin with the initials...very clever.

TidyMom said...

Oh Cathy it's all just BEAUTIFUL!! I was just telling my oldest dd the other day that I think Oct would be THE perfect month for a wedding- I'm saving your post to show her, maybe we can do something like this for her in a few years!!

~Tidymom

marie said...

Hi Cathy,
I've really loved visiting you lately ~ all the fall colors are wonderful and this post has shown them to perfection. What a wonderful setting for a wedding. The Lord's natural decorations are perfect!

Sue said...

The Lord truly gives us beautiful things to enjoy and He gave you the gift of arranging his creation to make it even more awesome! I love seeing your work. Can't wait to see what your Christmas will look like.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GranthamLynn said...

Absolutely beautiful. I loved the monogramed pumpkins. Your work is amazing.
I love visiting you and seeing all the lovely photo's.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Blessings,
Sherry

cherry said...

What a neat idea to do a FAll wedding....I wish I could get married all over again. You did a wonderful job CAthy....you talented chickie you. cherry

Mc Allen said...

ohh wow, this is really beautiful. you seriously did a wonderful job, it makes me want to decorate my front porch, I am just to creative. I wonder where in the world you got all these teriffic ideas... Great job~ Leah

Susie Homemaker said...

If your photos are this stunning, I can only imagine how beautiful it all was in person...what a beautiful setting! Absolutley gorgeous!

Warm Wishes,
Susie

Nancy Rosalina said...

OOOH Cathy, I love the pumpkin with the initials! Very cute idea! I loved it all! Nancy

Jean said...

You not only are talented but you are able to show the beauty by way of your lovely photos. Have a wonderful weekend.
Jean in Virginia

Ada Mae said...

I especially liked the boutonnieres and the bride's bouquet--how clever!!!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cathy,

Just lovely! and what a creative way to use fall colors. I love the basket on the wood railing and the bride flowers were perfect, I have never seen a fall wedding so true to the spirit of fall. Beautiful work Cathy.
Have a wonderful day,
Elizabeth

Susie Q said...

This is stunning. I have always favored a Fall wedding and the work you did is absolutely glorious! I have looked at each ohoto 4 times already! Just so beautiful.

Hugs,
Sue

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Oh my, how beautiful everything turned out, right down to the bouquets and table decorations. I am sure they were so pleased. I especially liked the nandina berries, the flower girl arrangement is so sweet.

Paige said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I've always dreamed of my *someday wedding* to be taken place in an atmosphere just like this! I cannot get over how great of a job you have done. I love all of things.
-paige