Sunday, May 18, 2008

First Pickin's



FRESH STRAWBERRIES - FROM FARM TO TABLE

My in-laws brought us the "sweetest" treat today - a bucket full of fresh strawberries right out of the patch. This was the first pickin' of the season from their vines. YUMMMMY!

So after a full day of garden work (after church that is) this was the perfect ending to the day. The delicious strawberries were made even a lil' better with a tad of sugar and drizzled over some vanilla ice cream and a fluffy biscuit. MMM...MMM!
Thanks MiMi and Poppa!

If you can, go find some fresh berries at a "u-pick" farm or maybe visit your local farmers market. Better yet, you might be lucky enough to have some of your very own.

Wishing you a great start to your week!
Cathy Cobblestone

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Wow, the strawberries look so yummy!
I live in the strawberry capital of the US and the world, I think and can you believe that I am allergic to them?
I so wish that I wasn't because looking at yours I am drooling!

Ada Mae said...

Yummy, Yummy. I'm suppose to get some Thursday. Yes, I have some more aprons made. Will bring them tomorrow. Halley Lou Ya has adjusted to our family just fine. She's even going to help me sew aprons today!!!!

The Country Junction said...

strawberry shortcake!!! one of my all time favorite desserts!!! We had some for mothers day! When I was a kid we grew our own, those were the BEST! hands down!!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Yummo! It will be weeks and weeks before we can pick but you bet I'll be there as soon as I can!
Thanks for making me hungry! LOL hugs, Linda

Ribbons -n- Rags said...

Cathy,

What gorgeous pictures! Your camera is great. I may have to save my allowance and lunch money to get one.

I love your new title picture. The colors are reviving. You truly have a great blog and the most colorful one I have yet visited.

Ribbons -n- Rags