Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tiny Space Fixer Upper



Today, I thought I'd give you a lil' peek at one of the tiny spaces in our home. We live in an older home with lots of little imperfections - nothing is square or level and the studs must be 6 feet apart 'cause I never hit one. That's o.k. though, nothing a lil' spackle can't fix. Truly, I love our old house! The interesting thing about this picture is that it is of a space that has 4 doors in a 4X9 area. I know, hard to believe, but it's true. No two doors can be open at the same time because they just won't fit. The thing that had always bothered me about that space, is that with all those doors, it left no room to put anything on the walls. So more or less, it was just a pass through, an empty space - I don't like empty, do you? So instead, I thought I would just put the art on the door. Shaun came in just shaking his head, nothing I do surprises him anymore. I whipped up this whimsical topiary in about 30 minutes and anyone can do it. I still have a lil' bit of work to do to it but all in all, I'm happy with it. At the bottom it reads, "Greet each day with Goodness, Gratefulness, and God". We see it when we first wake up and it is a great reminder in how we should face each day.

This is just a lil' tidbit to maybe help you solve a similar space problem. Think outside the box and remember, it's just paint. Make your home your own! Have a Happy Day - Cathy Cobblestone

1 comment:

Ada Mae said...

Who would have thought to paint on a door but you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really cute.