Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just FRAME it!



Well this lil' post is for a dear friend of mine. We were talking in the shop today about how to "beef up" the look of a smaller wreath she was admiring. I told her to simply "FRAME IT". It is a simple, inexpensive solution to give a wreath, a small photo or anything you wish to accent more presence. Plus it just makes it a lil' more special, wouldn't you agree?

I happened upon this old frame a couple of years ago and it had this great distressed finish on it. I initially was going to paint it but just didn't have the heart to alter its rustic charm. I placed my twiggy wreath in the middle and have been happy with it ever since.

So, go frame it. Happy creating! Cathy Cobblestone

2 comments:

Connie said...

Love your idea about the frame. Have used an empty frame to frame other pictures/mirrors but not a wreath. Clever idea.
Love the colors you used in your kitchen and your grandmother's towels are so prescious and unique.

Connie

Ada Mae said...

What a simple, and neat idea. I think I have an old frame (somewhere). I could do that too. Thanks for the idea.