Monday, June 30, 2008

Pumpkin Plantin' Time


These couple of acres will soon be filled with growing pumpkins and gourds. There will be hundreds to choose from - I absolutely LOOOOOVE to watch them grow.

This is my sweet hubby Shaun laying off a row for gourds which my lil' boy, Casen is planting out of a SOHO cup - isn't that cute? It's great when we all get to do stuff like this together - Casen develops a great sense of pride about it 'cause he calls them "HIS pumpkins" and "HIS gourds". That's O.K. - I'm glad he likes to help!


I know it is hard to imagine pumpkins while we are in the middle of the 4th of July holiday week - but it's time if we want pumpkins for fall decorating. This day here in Kentucky was picture perfect - almost fall-like. No humidity, great breeze, beautiful blue skies - I'm so grateful for this day and for being able to use our land to grow things that we and others love and enjoy!

Happy Plantin' Friends,
Cathy Cobblestone

7 comments:

Ada Mae said...

Can't wait to decorate with some of those punkins' and gourds!! Fall will be here before you know it.

tincanlily said...

It is hard to believe that pumpkins will soon be covering that area. It wll be nice to see what your farm/shop will look like with all the pumkins scattered about.
denise

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I hope you show pics as the pumpkins start growing! How exciting that must be. I can never have enough pumpkins come fall.

hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I learned something new :O) We have pumpkin patches around here and at the end of fall there are always soo many left in the fields, I thought they just plowed them under and they planted themselves! :O) I didn't know they planted each year, how neat to have that to do as a family!
blessins,
Shayne Louree

Nancy Jo said...

What an nice picture, but then all your pictures are nice. Don't seem to me there are enough hours in the day for all you do.
Nancy Jo

CathyJean said...

I do sooo love your pictures and reading your blog! Makes me want to be there!! Oh, I hope you show us pictures of the pumpkins later? I feel happy thinking about Autumn coming - my favorite time of year!
Thanks for sharing,
Hugz,
Cathyjean

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I can hardly wait to see those big
orange squash laying in those fields. I do believe that is my favorite fall scene.

Smiles,
Lea