Monday, September 26, 2016

My Fall Kitchen Mantel...


Well my friends....it is below 90 degrees here today!!!!!  It is finally going to feel like fall this week...temps in the mid 70's, a few leaves starting to fall, a little drizzle today but that is o.k.  We have been blessed with wonderful rainfall this summer but I tell you....it has been sooooo hot for such a long time that most everyone around here is ready for a change of seasons.

So I told you I'd share my fall mantels with you and I thought we would start in the kitchen.  Now I know that I have told y'all many times over the years about these few areas in my house....but it seems that most of my decorating happens in these places.  So you all just pretend you have never seen it before....o.k.?  

This mantel is one I purchased at our local antique mall from some great pickers /friends of mine.  I just loved the color...weathered gray with a touch of blue.  I hung that window frame over it 5 years ago and it is still there because well...I like it and it makes a nice backdrop for wreaths, baskets or nothing for that matter!

My starting point was my white platter that I love plus a few other ceramic pieces that were given to me by my Momma. 

 I used some artificial gourds, some real pumpkins, lil' pots, antlers, hydrangea and dried okra from the garden.


I placed some of my dried gourds in the ceramic pieces and added some natural looking stems to the vase.


A sweet little light that stays on all the time and a touch of wheat warm up the spot.  


  I do love little Baby Boo pumpkins...


 My simple "FALL" banner that I use from year to year...


 My burlap covered chair with an orange pillow that I already had....in my ever growing pillow stash.  I do believe I must have an addiction to pillows ;-)


This kind of gives you an idea how it plays into the den....and....
 

 ...in relation to the rest of the kitchen!. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
 I hope that you all have a wonderful "fall-ish" week! 
 Enjoy the cool down and God Bless You!

Cathy


10 comments:

Kerin said...

Looks great! Love the natural elements that you've added to your vignettes, and that warm glow of the light is just perfect.

~K.

Brenda Pruitt said...

It looks great! I look the little white boo pumpkins and hope they're in the stores soon.
Brenda

Deb said...

What a beautiful home you have. I love the mantel with the Fall additions. Deb

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your house looks beautiful!

Michelle said...

This is just gorgeous!

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Cathy, I love the simplicity of your Fall decor. I have not done any yet in my house.... it is just so HOT, it hardly seems like I should even be thinking along the lines of Fall decor! :-) But thanks for this post - I think I will try to copy it!

Hugs,

Dori

P.S. Thank you so much for your very sweet comment on my blog post about our flower farming. It made me smile all day.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It looks amazing!! So pretty and festive!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Once upon a time, long long ago, in the year 2008, your 100th post featured Boo, Candy Corn, and Pumpkin ornaments made from salt dough. Way back then, I made the pumpkin ornaments with my little kids.

Today I came across the printout in one of my files. It brought back sweet memories. I came to look you up, and what a nice blog you have now.

I really like the way you've decorated. It's so classy yet natural. Very nice. I hope to begin my fall decorating in a few days. I want to clean a bit first.

I signed up to follow you on GFC so that I won't lose you again. God bless you!

I'd love it if you'd drop by and say hello.

ஐღLaura Laneღஐ
Harvest Lane Cottage
...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
on a short shoestring budget!
~~~~~

Melinda said...

Very nice tying the colors together!


M : )

krishna said...

fall decorations are very beautiful.. I love your artistic sense..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com