Monday, June 15, 2015

Please...Let's Catch Up...


 ...O.K. No excuses really - just a bit of a break from blogging.  But Honestly and Truthfully - I, like the rest of you...have had a really busy spring.

As you all know by now - I have been in the greenhouse business for nearly 20 years. Every year I try to mentally prepare myself for the rush that is to come but for some reason...I never quite prepare my mind or my body enough.  And the older I get - my, oh my, well, let's just say it gets a little harder with each passing year. 



But thankfully, we probably had the quickest greenhouse season ever.  It was so cold for so long and once it warmed up - it only took about a month and the greenhouse was completely empty.  Remember though, we start getting ready for greenhouse season at the end of January.  So it is a longer season than most realize...


...Each year I am amazed at the people who are so gracious and kind to support our local growers including those of us at Central Farmers.  We truly couldn't be more thankful for the support!


I've taught a couple of classes this spring also...I'm always happy to help out our amazing local library with their adult programs.


 ...Plus I was honored to teach a class for the wives of the KY Farm Bureau Board of Directors...we had a great day!


Oh, and I also had a wedding to work on too - I'm not sure when or how I squeezed that in working 6 days a week plus time on Sundays!

BUT...the most wonderful part about spring is watching my little boy who is turning into a young man play the game that he loves most...baseball!  I'm so proud of him and it is just hard to believe that this is his last year for little league.  Oh how I will miss summers at the ball park!


But we have a few more weeks of All-Stars and I'm gonna enjoy them and treasure those times together with him!


 I hope everyone is doing well out there and I thank you for continuing to stop by.  I've got a wonderful recipe for Strawberry Bread to share with you...you won't want to miss it!

Happy Summer Friends!

  Cathy

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Life is good, Cathy. It's always nice to see a post from you. :)

cindy said...

Oh Cathy! So good to hear from you! I just re-started blogging again....trying to find a rhythm, maybe a new name, new direction. Anyway, I planted my first annuals and some perrenials at our new place, and I wish I had you to help me know how to keep them alive :) I feel like I either overwater or underwater. I guess it's a learn-as-you-go kinda thing, and our weather here in Indiana has been REALLY weird....wet and windy and overcast so much of the time. I hope to share some photos on the blog soon of my wee attempts at rehabbing my black thumb!

Kerin said...

Nice to hear from you, and see all the good things that you've been up to.
Enjoy the games, and best of luck to your son this season :)

~K.

Breathing In Grace said...

Some day I want to visit your green houses. Life does get so busy for us. It's good to hear from you.

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Cathy,

I wish I lived close enough to take some classes from you. I dream of a greenhouse for my daughter and I for our flower farming business.... someday maybe. And I'll be picking your brain! :-)

Was so happy to read your post.

Hugs,

Dori

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cathy,
I have always loved visiting your blog!. I have not blogged in a while and really missed reading your posts...Your son is really getting tall, I remember when you posted pics of him as a little guy riding on the tractor with his dad...our kiddos sure do grow up fast don't they!.
I just wanted to pop in and say HI...
Have a wonderful day, Elizabeth

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Your Flowers are so beautiful...wow....My Mom use to have a Greenhouse and my Dad had a huge Garden in the back yard.

Glad that you get to spend your time with your Son....and watch him play Baseball. That is super great.

Happy Summer
Linda K, Railroad

Susanne Tyree said...

Love the wash pan with flowers. I know what you mean about greenhouse work. I have a friend who works at a neighbor's greenhouse and it is non-stop planting of seedlings for many weeks. Once all the flowers are sold my friends gets any stragglers and plants them in her yard. It is a busy time. Enjoy your little guy and his fun this summer. Hard to believe it is August already and school is right around the corner. Where does time go anyways?
Susanne :)