Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas in the Kitchen...


  Are you doing lots of baking in your Christmas kitchen?  I hope so.  I wish I could say that I have... but honestly - I haven't been home enough lately to cook anything!  But...I do plan on it real soon!

Once again - I used what I already had - just changed it up a bit from last year.  Enjoy the look around!

 I kept my red and turquoise color scheme just like in the sun room...


My kitchen shelves
- a basket and some berries
- my mason jars that stay there all the time
- and my lil' houses my mom gifted me when we moved here.


Y'all have seen these carolers for years - but I must say once again - that I just love them because my mamaw, Cleo, lovingly made these for me.  


My hutch painted with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint...


 ...all lined up with my canned tomato juice and applesauce...


One new addition to the kitchen this year is my walnut table.  My husband made this for me for Mother's Day out of lumber from our farm.  I enjoy sitting there in the mornings looking out at the cows.


I placed the base of my tree in an old flour sack...


...my carolers under glass...



...on the table - just a simple basket arrangement filled with greenery, pine cones, antlers and ornaments...


 It's a good thing I have lots of shelves - because I have lots of stuff...;-)



And lastly - my tree at the end of the kitchen table is filled with all of our family ornaments - the ones that mean so much to me.



Now...lets go bake some Christmas cookies!

Merry Christmas!

Cathy





6 comments:

Laurie said...

So very pretty!

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Cathy, do you get tired of me commenting about how much I LOVE your house and your style????? :-) Honestly I could move right in and be totally at home in your house!

I love your canned tomato jars in the hutch. Red and turquoise are so gorgeous together aren't they? I've been incorporating some turquoise in my kitchen too and I just love it. I've got quite a bit in my living room so it flows into the kitchen very nicely.

Happy Holidays to you. - Dori -

Stacey said...

Love love your kitchen. I agree with Dori, I could move right in.

NanaDiana said...

It is just so sweet, Cathy! I love the turquoise and red combo. Happy Christmas to you. xo Diana

Breathing In Grace said...

Your house is just simply beautiful. I love how you made a brand new home look "old". Those jars of canned goodies even make a great holiday decoration. Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!

Melinda said...

So festive. Your colors look great together.

Lots of shelves are good!

M :)