Thursday, August 14, 2014

Some People Dream of White Picket Fences...

...I always dreamed of window boxes. 
 
 Hi friends - it is great to be back.  Our family had a great summer - many baseball games, some vacation time, lots of gardening - it was a nice and needed break. 
 
Thought I'd share with you one of the little things that makes me happy around our house...
 
 
...my very simple window boxes.  When I was a little girl I can remember drawing pictures of house "fronts" and every one I drew had window boxes with pretty flowers.  Well I'm all grown up now (over the hill actually ;-) and I still envision beautiful flower-filled boxes.
 
 
I used the same Allure "Tangerine" geraniums this year.  I had such great luck with them last year and I've just been hung up on orange for a while now! They are so bright and happy!
 
 
A little asparagus fern and some bacopa finish off the boxes!
 
 
 I hope your summer was fantastic!
 
 
 
Next up - my "stock tanks" - filled with flowers and a water feature.
 
 
Happy Friday!

15 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

They look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty and cheerful home. And Congrats to you again, I'm so happy for you.
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
modern-home-designed

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

So pretty! Love the vignettes, very nice!

4sonsfarmhouse said...

I just love your style. It's beautiful!

Laurie said...

Love your flower boxes filled with orange geraniums. And yes, I was the one dreaming of white picket fences as a little girl.

Stacey said...

Your window boxes are beautiful and how neat to have a little dream come true. :)

I've tried to have window boxes but it's so hot here that it's really hard to keep them happy.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your window boxes are fabulous!

Breathing In Grace said...

They are gorgeous....and so is your home!

Unknown said...

love your home, it is beautiful...

Junkchiccottage said...

Just beautiful Cathy.
Happy Sunday.
Kris

Elaine VanDRiver said...

Lovely! I just might try doing window boxes myself!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cathy,
Me too, I love window boxes..We still have to have our house painted, new gutters and replace some siding. I going to have shutters and window boxes made. I hope mine turn out as adorable as yours! I will post pics when the house is painted.
You have such the green thumb.
Sending love, Elizabeth

Melinda said...

So pretty. I love geraniums.

M : )

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Beautiful Flower Boxes...I just love them.

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Cathy, oh my word. Your window boxes are absolutely lovely. I love orange too - I've been hung up on that color also! :-) Your house just looks gorgeous. Thank you for your email about your flower stand - I was so sad about you not having it anymore! I shared your email with my daughter and we really enjoyed it. Thanks for writing!! Funny that you would mention the "pumpkin on a stick" because that very day someone else mentioned that to me. We'll be growing that next year for sure. This year was such an experiment and we are so thrilled with the response to our flowers that we are making plans for next year! Any input you have would be great. Hugs - Dori -