Thursday, October 28, 2010

The "Workbench" wall...

...of the barn. Yes, this is post number 3 in our "barn makeover" for Tiff and Shane's wedding. Jus' sharing with you what we started with and where we ended up. Tiff wanted something different - something casual, kind of "earthy", somewhat fallish - yet no orange pumpkins or mums. Well, here a few more pics of what those requests translated into.
As you can see - this wall had to be tweaked quite a bit. From the very beginning - we thought that this workbench would be perfect for the buffet line. But that shelf above - well, it was gonna be jus' for pretties. So here we go...
...some birds, some wire cloches, some green gourds...

...some white pumpkins, grapes and hedgeapples...

...lanterns, a wall of Christmas lights, yards and yards of burlap...

...old windows, lanterns, and big paper flowers...

...it was a pretty big focal point when it was said and done...

...it jus' glistened as the day turned into night...

I loved the way it turned out - it was different...

...but oh so pretty.
Happy Friday!
Cathy






15 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful!

Becky C said...

Oh gorgeous! This just turned out beautifully. Every post of this wedding is such eye candy. Great ideas. The bride must have been thrilled!
Blessings,
Becky C

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Absolutely stunning - from the start to finish. What talent you have! Thanks for sharing, Dawn

Kim said...

WOW! Great job! I love it!
Kim in OK

cynthialeedesigns said...

Just beautiful!! I've loved each post and every picture!!

~Cindy~

Peggy Arteberry said...

Oh my gosh! How beautiful~ what a transformation!

flower power momma said...

Very very lovely. You had quite a job! I don't think I would have initially noticed the barn being there, w/o your photos. The transformation is fantastic.
I really like all the things you've done. I am planning my oldest daughters wedding, outdoor ceremony, but indoor reception for next May.
It's wonderful to get these idea inspiring pics.

Verde Farm said...

Each post gets prettier and prettier. I think the burlap and cream with hints of green is just perfect. It's all such a natural look and elegant. Love it!
Amy

madrekarin said...

You are a genius. I love everything you did. It's all just gorgeous! Pike called and left a message on my answering machine. I'll call him tomorrow. :)

Look beyond the picket fence said...

I can just imagine the ohhs and ahhs! It says fall in a very subtle way.
denise

Patty's Stitches said...

How beautiful! I love every bit of it!

Country Dreaming said...

Continues to be great.

Melinda

cindy @ cottage instincts said...

This is just the most beautiful wedding set up I've seen in ages! Would you mind if I feature it on my blog? Of course I'll link back to ya so everyone can read all about it :)

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Oh my goodness! As someone who's done a few weddings and has a barn, I'm blown away by your creativity!!! ALL your ideas and projects are gorgeous. So much inspiration. The lucky couple must have been delighted! THANK YOU for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS on a beautiful job!
hugs,
Leslie

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh, my! It turned out so dreamy. Thanks for giving us the perspective with the "before" and "after" shots. What a transformation!

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com