Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's growing at Cobblestone Farms, you ask?

Well, mums of course...
...and more mums
- growing and growing -
and will be in full bloom in just a few short weeks...

...and pretty Purple Baron millet...
the perfect accent plant for fall...
with its tall rich foliage and "cattail" like blooms...

...also starting to show off is our ornamental cabbage and kale - soon to turn white and purple and red...

...other pretties growing at the farm are sunflowers backed by the tall stately Indian Corn - two of my favorite things...

....and zinnias of course - now, tell me - is there a prettier, "easier" plant to grow? - nah, I don't think so...

...so pretty in red...

...and purple and every other color for that matter....

...which I turn in to sweet lil' arrangements that make people happy - INCLUDING ME!

...Like this one I delivered a few days ago - nothing says "happy day" like a bouquet of fresh flowers - proudly homegrown!
Sooooooooo.... that is what is happening around here -----outside---- in a few days I'll let you peek at all the fall goodies -----inside the shop.
Thanks for stopping by and if you don't grow your own flowers - let me encourage you to do so - it's easy, fun - and what joy it is to share them!!!!
Have a happy day!
Cathy








9 comments:

Angie said...

I absolutely love zinnias and have never grown any at home. Don't ask me why! How fun to get to live and work around all those gorgeous flowers!

Beverly said...

What pretties you grow. Everything looks wonderful and reminded me how much I love fall foliage and color. Looking forward to what's "in store" for fall.

Darlene said...

Everything looks so gorgeous!! I can't wait for the mums around here because that means Fall is coming!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my! I'm such a farm girl wannabe! Can I just move in with you:) I LOVE your home, your style, your farm, and your blog!!!
Thanks for following me, I'm your newest fan!
Blessings,
Becky C
Buckets of Burlap

Michelle said...

It is looking good! I am so ready for fall. When will the pumpkins be ready?!

Melinda said...

The farm is looking pretty. Mums and Zinias are soo much fun.

Take care.
Melinda

Holly said...

Mums are my FAV!!! Nothing says fall like a planter full of blooming mums, with a few pumpkins around of course!!! Love the kale too...I just planted some, just to see what it would do, but I think I'm too late!!!

Everything is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Patty's Stitches said...

I love the flowers. I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy a visit to Cobblestone Farms if I lived closer. ;-)

~Lesa~ said...

Oh, wow! Those mums are going to be stunning very, very soon!