Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A lil' fun "Fall Fix-up"

I don't think there is an easier or more fun season to decorate than Fall. There is so much beautiful color everywhere and simple items to accent with are readily available and relatively inexpensive - which is all the better!
So here is just a simple lil' idea I thought I'd share.
We'll call them - Burlap Chair Tiebacks
First off I picked up my burlap from our wonderful local feed store - Central Farmers Supply - who conveniently sells burlap by the foot and it is extra wide - so I divided it to make it go twice as far.
I simply draped it over my chairs on the porch, gathering it at the bottom, tied with some raffia and tucked in some fall leaves and artificial sunflowers.
Now honestly, you could use so many pretty things on the tie-back such as dried hydrangeas or Indian corn, pretty ribbons - well, you can imagine. I just wanted something simple and something I could leave out for a while ('cause you know, Indian corn draws unwanted critters sometimes).
I cut a piece of burlap for a runner as well...
...which I added another piece of fabric over. This two yards of orange and black plaid came from the Mission store for only a quarter - that's right, $.25. I haven't cut it yet because I may make pillow covers out of it - so now, it is simply folded over to give the table a lil' color.
What would you put in your burlap tiebacks?
Happy Creating everybody!
Cathy


18 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful accent for you porch! Love the fall colors.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love it, love it!!! I love how you took the burlap and wrapped it aroung the mums and the chair backs are so neat, I think I'd do the raffia and fall leaves on mine if I were to do it:)
Thanks so much for posting this wonderful idea!
Rondell

tincanlily said...

Hi Cathy, love love love the fix up! A piece of pumpkin pie is all the picture is missing! It just says come sit for a minute and enjoy the view! I have just started my fall decorating, did not want to say goodbye to summer. I am well, just not so much crafting, but there are so many fall ideas! I'll be back, I do miss it!
have a wonderful weekend!
denise

Linda said...

Cathy.......these were all great tips you shared and your photos are great!
Linda

Diane B said...

what a clever gorgeous idea..
just love it...

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cathy,
Every thing looks so wonderful and festive you really have a way with decorating. I enjoy your posts so much.
Have a great day,
Elizabeth

Melinda said...

Looks great--

Fall mums, leaves, any fall type floral "thingie" would look wonderful!

Have a great evening.

Melinda

Michelle said...

Beautiful idea, and I am glad you told me where I could get the supplies!

teacakebiscuit said...

so pretty, you're inspired me to do something with my home!

Deb said...

great ideas....I have a piece of burlap I might just do something with it now...

cherry said...

BEAUTIFUL~ I just love the simplicic beauty of burlap.

LisaJanelle said...

I love this look....You are so creative.....You inspired me again! :) Have a beautiful fall :)

Ticking and Toile said...

Love your blog!! Everything looks so warm & cozy! I love the burlap wrapped around the chairs! So gorgeous! Glad I found your blog!

Shellagh

Ruth said...

I love the chair tiebacks!! All of the fall decor you have is so beautiful.

Ruth

Terry said...

That looks so cool! I just love it!
I love the plaid material you used on the table too.
Terry

Nancy Yoakum said...

Very cute! Of course fall is my favorite season, so there's no limit to ideas but I would probably find SOMETHING with acorns on it knowing me!

Smiles, Nancy

Cathy said...

Great ideas! Love the burlap on the chairs.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Simply amazing...I will never look at burlap the same :)